Well, I was just looking at my stats today, and noticed a few more interesting things:
- For the first time since I started the blog, the "How It All Started" post (my second post, made on February 11th, wherein I talk about how I got into playing RPGs and geek culture in general) is no longer the most viewed post. That honor now goes to "Really Cool Custom Action Figure Site" (posted on May 14th), with a total of 108 page views. "How It All Started" is now second with 92 page views.
- A post that I just made yesterday, "Game Stores: Gemco and Other Chain & Department Stores" has skyrocketed to become the third most viewed post in the history of my blog. My guess is that the dramatic increase in page views is partly just due to the fact that I have a lot more followers now than I did back when I made the other posts, but part of it also has to be the subject matter, because the only other semi-recent post that made the Top 10 was "Music & Monsters, or What Do Gamers Listen To?" from June 7th.
- The Open Game License has been viewed 14 times. Hopefully someone out there is using the NPCs I created for Mutant Future! If so, drop me a line. I'd love to know about it.
- Almost all of my traffic comes from bloggers in the OSR. In the Top 10 of all time are Tim Brannan, Risus Monkey, Jeff Rients, Hill Cantons, Rather Gamey, Daddy Grognard, Swords & Sanity, Grognardia, and SWKhakhan.
- While they didn't crack the Top 10, I would be remiss if I didn't also single out both Digital Orc and Once More Unto the Breach, who have driven quite a bit of traffic here. Both are great blogs and their owners, Dylan and Drance, respectively, share a lot in common with me.
- I surprisingly get quite a bit of traffic from Google. In the top searches of all time are:
- "daddyrolleda1.blogspot.com" (11 searches)
- "d&d snacks" (9 searches)
- "gamma world encounters" (7 searches)
- "daddy rolled a 1" (5 searches)
- "gamma world" (3 searches)
- "pathfinder roleplaying game: ultimate combat playtest roun" (3 searches)
- "best d&d snacks" (2 searches)
- "dungeons and dragons snacks" (2 searches)
- "i will say is that the book was" (2 searches)
- This one always kills me. I don't get it!
- "picture of samurai soto" (2 searches)
- The Top 10 Countries of Origin of my readers are:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Firefox is still the preferred brower (40%), but 29% of you are viewing the Daddy by using Internet Exploder. Chrome and Safari round out the Top 4. No real shockers here.
- 76% of my readers are using Windows, and 11% are on a Mac. Again, no real shockers here.
Also, I'd like to take a second to welcome all of my new followers - I've gotten about 16 new followers just in the past month or so, which is awesome. Glad you're all enjoying my ramblings!
What about all of you? How do your page stats track with mine in terms of where your traffic comes from. What are your most popular posts? Mention them in the comments so I can check them out!
Hanging: Home Office
Drinking: Red Hook IPA
Listening: "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" by They Might Be Giants