Last week was a really heavy week for me - I picked up 11 titles, 10 of which are normal ones that I have on my pull-list, and I still have five of them to read. This week is a bit lighter - looks like I'll only be getting five:
- Batman & Nightwing (since Robin is no longer in the picture, at least temporarily, the Batman and Robin title has gone to featuring a different cast-member of the Bat-family each month). If people aren't up-to-date on what's happened in Batman: Incorporated, I won't say any more for fear of spoilers, but at this point it's been long enough that you should really either catch up if you have any interest.
- Dream Thief: A really dark, interesting comic about an anti-hero type who dons an aboriginal mask which gives him the abilities and memories of people who have been "wronged" so that he can exact revenge on their behalf. The interesting thing is that many of these "wronged" types aren't always good guys. He's channeled drug dealers and such. Not normally my kind of comic, but it's a short limited series and I think this is the last, or second-to-last, issue.
- Justice League Dark: I've written about this comic before. This is a Trinity War tie-in.
- Superman Unchained: By far the best Superman book I've read in the New 52, and that's saying something considering it's only on the second issue. Grant Morrison's initial run on Action was pretty good but then it started to get a bit odd for me. But Scott Snyder writing and Jim Lee on art is pure win for me, even if Lee's art is a bit "90's" in its style.
- Trinity of Sin: Pandora: I'm reading this one mainly because it ties into Trinity War and I'm hoping that it's finally going to explain her role in the formation of the New 52 universe, but I'm still left thinking that it should've just been a limited series.
With that out of the way, a few other updates:
|Joy with one of her home-made robots. |
Check out that cool dress!
- I didn't realize just how light posting had been recently. I got slammed at work and haven't really had time to do anything other than work and help take care of my little Superhero/Princess/Daughter. We had a ton of fun making some home-made robots with magnets and random tools and parts from the hardware store a couple of weeks ago. Here's a few pictures.
- I have however continued to play tabletop RPGs. I'll be posting the recap of my World of Samoth session from last Sunday as soon as I can, and also I've been playing in my Friday night Savage Worlds Cthulhu game.
- I've got a post on the horizon that delves into a bit more about why I like comics so much and also about how people who get caught up on saying "The hero sounds stupid" or "such-and-such comic book character is dumb..." but they haven't actually read the comics.
- Another thing that's been holding me back from posting is that I need to write a review on an OSR product I have, and I feel bad posting anything else until I just finish reading that one and posting the review.
- All-around Cool Cat Anthony, over at Once More Unto the Breach, posted about Grognardia last week. It's been interesting reading the comments. As I've mentioned before, Grognardia was directly responsible for me starting my own blog here at Daddy Rolled a 1, but head over and check out what people are saying now that some time has passed since all of the hubbub about the Dwimmermount Kickstarter and associated issues.
|More of our home-made robots|
Hanging: Home office (laptop)
Listening: "Bohemia After Dark (Diamond D Remix)" by Cannonball Adderly
Drinking: Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA