Post Number Nineteen. Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nineteen.

I just realized that last Friday's post was number nineteen (nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nineteen). 

Players in my World of Samoth game will get that reference immediately.  Every time one of my players gets a "19" on one of their rolls (whether for attack rolls, saves, skill checks, etc.), they are required to say "I got a Nineteen.  Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-Nineteen."  To those who forget, I shoot back with, "So, you got an 18 then."  And we stick by that rule.  People have failed their attacks, saves, or skill checks before by exactly one point because they forgot our "Rule of 19." 

Yep, it's silly and juvenile.  But, at the end of the day, RPGs should not be too serious.

For those of you who don't get the reference, just fire up your favorite trusty internet search engine and search for an mp3 of "Paul Hardcastle 19."  You'll be glad you did.

Comments

Popular Posts