Middle Earth Built from Legos

Here's another quick post just to give everyone something to read while I'm out of commission for the next few days - taking tomorrow off to take my daughter to Disneyland for her 2nd birthday, and then doing weekend celebrations for her with family and friends. 

You may have read a few weeks ago about the guy who built a six-foot-tall Barad-Dur using Legos.  You can check out pictures on his Flicker account here.  Well, it turns out that he and his friends created many more scenes from the LOTR stories. 

As the article on ForeverGeek points out - "adult fascination with LEGOS never seems to die."  I know that I, for one, can't wait until the day that my daughter is old enough to play with Legos so I can get into my parents' storage facility and get all of my old ones out to let her play with them.*  I still fondly remember creating post-apocalyptic scenes with my "City" Legos and then semi-destroying the buildings, and then having my Space Lego guys visit them "in the far future" to recover artifacts.  So much fun.

* Who am I kidding?  I want to get them out so I can play with them.

Comments

Popular Posts