Daddy Rolled a 1's RPG Profile

Tuesdays here at Daddy Rolled a 1 are typically reserved for my Design Decisions related to how I built my current long-running World of Samoth campaign (e.g., decisions I made about Magic, Monsters, Races, etc.). I had a two-part post on my decisions regarding Classes, and I'll be following up on that soon after having read some really interesting and insightful posts over at Ramblings From Beyond the Pale Gate.

However, today I'm going to post my RPG Profile, which should be particularly helpful for anybody new to my blog. It was started this this post.

Since this is related entirely to playing RPGs I'm also eventually going to copy it over to my "Currently Playing" page. As per the instructions, I eliminated the questions that weren't relevant to me, and I also slightly edited the wording on a couple of other ones.

  • I'm currently running (in person): All these are currently active games
    • Pathfinder (World of Samoth, GM)
    • Labyrinth Lord (old-school AD&D hack, DM)
  • Tabletop RPGs I'm currently playing (in person): All these are currently active games
    • Pathfinder (Andalusia II, player)
    • Savage Worlds (Realms of Cthulhu, player)
    • Savage Worlds (modified Weird War II, player) 
  • I'm currently running (online):
    • None
  • Tabletop RPGs I'm currently playing (online) include:
    • None
  • I would especially like to play/run:
    • I'm really interested in playing and also running a 13th Age Game in my own home-brew campaign world
  • ...but would also try:
    • Mutant World (depending on the setting)
    • A pulp action adventure game (ala Indiana Jones type)
    • Any genre mash-up game (Cthulhu Rome and Cthulhu WW2 sound interesting, some old-school swords & planets stuff would be fun, and a semi-steam punky Victorian space-age game like Space 1899)
  • I live in:
    • Pasadena, CA
  • 2 or 3 well-known RPG products other people made that I like:
    • 1st Edition AD&D DMG just for reading fun
    • The Iron Kingdoms Campaign Setting, for reading and inspiration
    • The old 2nd Edition AD&D Historical Campaign Supplements (the old green paperback books)
    • Voyages of the Princess Ark by Bruce Heard
  • 2 or 3 novels I like:
    • To Kill a Mockingbird
    • The Hobbit
    • The Princess Bride
  • 2 or 3 movies I like:
    • Blade Runner
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • The Fellowship of the Ring
  • Best place to find me on-line:
  • I will read almost anything on tabletop RPGs if it's:
    • Historical (about the history of RPGs)
    • More about cool setting ideas and less about rules
    • Has some new rules that are innovative and don't require a ton of book-keeping
  • I really do not want to hear about: 
    • Yet another post on tweaking a class from OD&D to be "just so" or musing what it would be like if Clerics could use edged weapons, etc.
  • I think dead orc babies are ( circle one: funny / problematic / ....well, ok, it's complicated because....)
    • Pointless? Every game and ever setting is different. In some games, it's possible that all orcs are simply born evil and will never change (like undead or demons or whatever). In other games, they may be nuanced and have the ability to become good if given the right opportunities and upbringing. Neither is right and both can be fun to play. 
  • Free RPG Content I made for Mutant Future is available here:
  • Free RPG Content I made for Pathfinder is available here:
    • The Noble (there's a link to where the class is hosted on my campaign world website)
  • You can buy RPG stuff I made about Aristocrats for D&D 3.5 here:
  • I talk about RPGs on the following social media sites:
    • Twitter: Daddy Rolled a 1 (also talk about comics and other geek stuff)
    • Facebook: Daddy Rolled a 1 (also talk about comics and other geek stuff)
    • I've occasionally posted on forums like ENWorld, Monte's old forums, WotC's D&D Forums, Paizo's forums, etc., typically using the name "samothdm"

Comments

  1. Very cool, thanks for sharing. Now I need to get on this wagon with the rest of the band! However, I think a major lull in my RPG hobbyism is on the near horizon...but it's voluntary, of my own choice...more details on my blog...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts