TTRPGKids BUSINESS CARD QUEST 2023 JAM
My Twitter Friend, TTRPGKids (which is managed by Steph C.) created a fun idea called the Business Card Quest 2023 Jam, and I'm participating. The idea is for TTRPG creators to submit a business card that on one side has their contact details, and on the reverse has either part of a map (that can be combined with the other business cards) or an NPC, item, or other TTRPG element to be used while playing a game.
I submitted my card with a short table intended to add variety to the map elements other entrants submitted. Given the small business card size, the table is a bit difficult to read, so I linked to this post with a QR Code on the card to provide an easier-to-read (and with a bit more detail) way to use the info. For regular blog readers, it's possible this post may go live before my business card is submitted.
I looked through the submissions and five business cards stood out to me: a campsite with a mysterious campfire and some shadows in the dark, a lake with eggs at the bottom, a bunch of different familiars, three trees full of a murder of crows, and some runes. Here's what I did with them.
THE CAMPSITE SHADOWS... (1D4):
- Mimic the PCs' actions perfectly.
- Feed on the campfire, taking away the heat.
- Have no owners. The shadows move independently. (This was originally written as a small boy running into the campsite; he has lost his shadow and is in a panic. But, I couldn't fit the description into the table).
- Are cast only by the PCs. Trees and other objects at the campsite do not cast any shadows.
- Is frozen. The eggs are sitting on top.
- Is sacred to a local tribe of kobolds.
- Is sentient, and speaks to the PCs telepathically.
- If the eggs are eaten, they provide (1D4): 1) A curse; 2) a boon; 3) Indigestion; 4) A full day's sustenance
- A dream that's been manifested.
- The spirit of a deceased person.
- A spy for the Faerie Queen.
- A guide, but there's a 25% chance it will deliberately lead its followers astray.
- Are visitors from the Ravenfell.
- Cough instead of caw.
- Protect against all shadows.
- Can be befriended with poetry.
- Were carved by local teenagers as a joke.
- Summon a long-forgotten saint or hero.
- Provide a cryptic answer to a single question, then disappear.
- When read (1D4): 1) Cast a cantrip, determined randomly; 2) Explode; 3) Disappear; 4) Bless the reader.
Post a Comment