Currently Watching List: Updated (July 18th, 2017)

Similarly to what I just updated with my Currently Reading list a few months ago, I just updated my "Currently Watching" list. As with the reading list, this one has changed quite a bit over the past four years.

My list of TiVo shows I have on Season Pass has grown quite a bit to include all of the DC shows on the CW (but not "Gotham," which I gave up on halfway through Season 2), and a few other shows, and also I dropped quite a few other shows that I used to watch with my wife, such as "Once Upon a Time." Interestingly, she has been watching that show with my daughter.

I noticed that I'm not getting out to the theater as often as I used to, which is natural with having an 8 year-old (she just turned 8 about 10 days ago!). Also, due to her growing up a bit more, we've dropped most of the Disney Jr. and Nickelodeon shows, and she's been watching a ton of older shows with me, including Looney Tunes, the early 2000's "Teen Titans," and I've introduced her to things like "Samurai Jack," and "Young Justice." She also loves "Animaiacs." It's been great that so many of these shows are on Netflix or other streaming services.

I also noticed that I watch a lot fewer movies on Streaming/Cable than I used to. I think it's partly due to my work schedule and how at the end of the day, my wife and I are just so tired that we typically end up falling asleep even when we do try to watch something. Ah, the life of a middle-aged working parent. Full of thrills and excitement at every turn.

However, I have been going back on streaming services to re-watch old TV series that I haven't watched in years, including "Star Trek: Voyager" which is surprisingly not as bad as I remembered it to be, and I just recently started re-watching "Game of Thrones" beginning with the first season.

I'd love to hear about the things you're currently watching, and hear your comments on the shows and movies on my list. Put a comment below, or leave a comment on Google +, Twitter, or Facebook.

Hanging: Home office (laptop)
Drinking: Tap water
Listening: "And Your Bird Can Sing" by the Beatles


Comments

Popular Posts