Tabletop Day Is Here

Just a quick note to remind everybody that today is Tabletop Day! Sadly, this year, I won't be able to attend the live event, although I was kindly invited by the folks over there to be a guest again this year. So, that means you won't get to see me beating the pants off my friends Wil and Cal and Wil's guests game designer Chris Pramas from Green Ronin and actor Rich Sommer from Mad Men. I kid, sort of (because, seriously, I CRUSHED it, although to be fair when you watch the video you will see my friend Cal and me chatting and it's because I was saying things like, "I think I should do this..." and he would respond with "Yeah you'd be crazy not to"). You can watch the video from last year's event here. Seven Wonders starts at 1:27:28 in.



What is Tabletop Day? Well, it's pretty simple, really. It's spun out of Wil Wheaton's popular YouTube show, Tabletop, wherein Wil gets together with celebrity friends of his (actors, writers, producers, game designers, etc.) and they all play a game on camera while talking about the various projects they're all working on and also explaining the mechanics of the game and what makes it fun. Tabletop Day is a worldwide event hosted by the folks at Tabletop to encourage friends to get together today and play games. You can read more about it here.

While Tabletop the show does focus on strategic board games, they have featured role-playing games before as well, notably the Dragon Age game by Green Ronin Press. As such, there a lot of deals to be had in conjunction with Tabletop Day, such as this free bundle of PDFs from DriveThruRPG, valued at over $70!

However, more important than getting free product is actually getting together with your buddies or heading down to a local game store and playing some games today. My wife kindly acquired tickets to take my dad, my my daughter, and me to the Dodger Game today (Go Blue!), which is why I couldn't attend the big Tabletop event here in Los Angeles, but as soon as I get home, I'll be playing some fun games with the family. I'm thinking it may be time to introduce my four year-old daughter to Kings of Tokyo.

Happy gaming to all of you - I'd love it if you leave a comment to let me know what games you ended up playing today.


Hanging: Home office (laptop)
Drinking: Black coffee
Listening: "Acknowledgement" by the John Coltrane Quartet

Comments

Popular Posts